When Frank Devlin walks into Justin Wright’s office, the renowned New York City clinical psychiatrist decides to take on one of the most challenging cases of his career. After their first session, it’s obvious Frank has multiple personalities (“alters”) and each one couldn’t be more different than the other. Justin must get to know each individual alter to discover the best route to take so that Frank can live a full and happy life. He must also delve into Frank’s past, one filled with mystery, darkness, and trauma — the true causes behind his personality split.
As Justin deals with Frank’s issues, he’s also confronted with his own demons: the kidnapping of Michael, his youngest son, seven years earlier… a wife he adores, Mandy, who refuses to accept her son is gone… a constant struggle with his oldest son, Dylan, who was watching over Michael the day the boy was taken. And his problems get worse as, unbeknownst to Justin, Frank and his alters are secretly weaving themselves into his life in ways that will affect the Wright family forever.
Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdLxyAEoQY4
10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ALTERED
1. “Alters” is short for "Alternate Personalities”
2. Justin’s son, Dylan is named after the son of one of Rob’s best friends
3. Mandy Wright, Justin’s wife, works in the same building Rob worked in twenty years ago
4. Justin’s son, Michael, is loosely based on one of Rob’s closest childhood friends
5. A person living with DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder - can have as many as 100 alters
6. Names of alters often have a symbolic meaning. In Altered, Frank (the host personality) means “free”
7. Frank’s last name (Devlin) is a play on the word “devil"
8. Justin Wright’s Type A personality is based on the author’s personality, with a little OCD peppered in
9. The title Altered has two meanings: A person who lives with a number of personalities and lives that have been changed (altered) due to horrific experiences.
10. The book cover was created by a designer in the UK
Rob Kaufman novels are known for having characters with whom people can relate, while at the same time, bringing them on a journey from which most people would crumble. His degree in Psychology was the first step toward getting beneath the surface of the people in his life. What followed was a lifelong search for what makes people tick – what forces them to become evil when deep down they are yearning for love. Rob’s characters walk this search with him, deep into the human psyche, creating psychological thrillers from everyday events. Rob’s books are perfect for those who enjoy thrillers but also need strong emotion to keep them deeply involved with the characters. “All my books hit home for me,” says Rob. “There are always parts that make me laugh out loud as I write them... and many, too many, that make me cry. And the great thing is, I’m finding that many readers of my books experience the same emotions.” Rob's books receive both national and international praise with most reviews noting that his storylines are extremely "unique" and "sobering" and the twists and turns are "masterful".
Website or Blog: www.authorrobkaufman.com
Post a Comment