Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Top Ten Things You Might Not Know about Peter J. White & The Ghost Hunter Series

 


When the ghostly victims of a small-town crime lord find him, ex-special forces soldier Max Sinclair realizes the only road to peace is to serve them the justice they crave. But the Bannister clan has tentacles that reach from Eastern Washington into Mexico, trafficking women across the border and into their brothels. Haunted by visions of the dead, Max burns a swath through the Bannister empire, doing his best to set the dead free, but odds are he'll be joining them before he's done. The Hollow Men is the first novel in the Ghost Hunter series about a vigilante who sees the dead—Max Sinclair. Haunted by visions and longing for justice and redemption, Max hunts down evil incarnate—his soul hanging in the balance as he walks the line between the dark and the light.

 

Top Ten Things You Might Not Know about
Peter J. White & The Ghost Hunter Series

1) I lived in Thailand 1984-1990; this has informed almost everything I’ve written since.
2) I started out writing screenplays (almost all horror) and am currently turning my
screenplays into novels. In fact, the first screenplay I wrote for my Master’s became
the Ghost Hunter series.
3) The Ghost Hunter series is inspired by true events. I’ve also created a version of the experience that features Max Sinclair.

4) I grew up in SE Alaska. Sitka, to be precise.
5) Max Sinclair is based on a real guy, a friend of mine.
6) I was a kickboxer for 10 years and had my first kickboxing fight at the age of 55.5
against a 24-year-old. (I kicked his ass.)
7) I climbed Mount Rainier twice.
8) My father was a general surgeon and pilot. He had a Pitts Special in which he flew
complicated aerobatic routines. When he was 80 years old, he took me up and did
such a rigorous routine I passed out.
9) I have a video of him shooting a charging bear dead.
10) Every arcane and supernatural practice in the Ghost Hunter series is based on true
events. My website and newsletter provide more insight into these.
11) (bonus) I answer every email I get. PeterJWhiteAuthor@peterjwhite.net

 


Peter J. White was born in Colorado and raised in SE Alaska. He has degrees in Education, French, and an MFA in Creative Writing. He taught ELL in Bangkok, Thailand for six years, and currently teaches high school English in Washington State. Hobbies, past and present, include writing, bicycling, mountain climbing, kickboxing, MMA, and yoga.

Website: https://peterjwhite.weebly.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088706454075

No comments: