The Secret of the Sacred Scarab was inspired by a trip I took to Egypt with my Mom and my two nephews, then aged 10 and 12. We had an amazing time exploring this wonderful, ancient culture. When I came back I thought a short story with my young relatives as the heroes would be a unique memory of an amazing trip. I also put myself in as the boys' aunt and my mother in as their intrepid adventure-loving Gran. Many of the characters and events in the book were inspired by people we met and our experiences in Egypt. Six months later I was hard at work in the first book and had already planned an entire series. If you love history, geography, action, adventure, archaeology and a story that grips you from page one (plus lots of danger!) then this is the book for you. This will also appeal to anyone who wants to save the world or (for those readers a little older) remembers their plans to do so!
|My nephews about to ride a camel at the Great Pyramid!|
- Age Range: 9 - 12 years
- Grade Level: 4 - 6
- Series: The Chronicles of the Stone (Book 1)
- Paperback: 324 pages
- Publisher: Bublish, Incorporated (September 27, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0997487550
- ISBN-13: 978-0997487558
- ASIN B01N7IC8NK
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.7 x 9 inches
Book Award Nominations and Wins
- Finalist Children’s Fiction USA Next Generation 2009 Indie Book Awards
- Finalist Juvenile Fiction USA National Best Books 2009 Awards
- Winner Pre-Teen USA 2009 Readers’ Favorite Awards
- Number 2 in the USA Children’s & Teens Book Connection Top Ten
- Favourite Books of 2009 for Kids, Tweens & Teens
- Winner Silver Medal Teen Fiction 2010 Nautilus Book Awards
- Finalist Children's Fiction 2010 International Book Awards
- Winner Bronze Medal Pre-Teen Fiction 2010 Moonbeam Book Awards
- Finalist 2011 Rubery Book Awards
- Winner Gold Award Mystery Pre-Teen 2011 Children’s Literary Classics Awards
- 2nd Place in the 2011 YA Sharpwrit Book Awards
- Gold Medal 2013 Wise Bear Book Awards Winner
- Finalist 2016 Shelf Unbound Competition for Best Independently Published BookFor colouring-in enthusiasts, nine original black and white illustrations including a map make for more enjoyment!
A thrilling adventure for two young boys, whose fun trip to Egypt turns into a dangerously exciting quest to uncover an ancient and mysterious secret.A 5000-year-old mystery comes to life when a scruffy peddler gives Adam and Justin Sinclair an old Egyptian scarab on their very first day in Egypt. Only when the evil Dr. Faisal Khalid shows a particular interest in the cousins and their scarab, do the boys realise they are in terrible danger. Dr. Khalid wants the relic at all costs. Justin and Adam embark upon the adventure of a lifetime, taking them down the Nile and across the harsh desert in their search for the legendary tomb of the Scarab King, an ancient Egyptian ruler. They are plunged into a whirlpool of hazardous and mysterious events when Dr. Khalid kidnaps them. They survive terrifying dangers in a hostile environment (such as a giant cobra, as well as sinking sand), pursued by enemies in their quest to solve the secret of the sacred scarab. They must translate the hieroglyphic clues on the underside of the scarab, as well as rescue the missing archaeologist James Kinnaird, and their friend, the Egyptologist Ebrahim Faza, before time runs out. They must also learn more about the ancient Seven Stones of Power and the mysterious Shemsu-Hor. With just their wits, courage, and each other, the boys manage to survive … only to find that the end of one journey is the beginning of another!
About the Author: Fiona Ingram (B.A., Hons. (Natal), M.A., (Wits)) was born and educated in South Africa, and has worked as a full-time journalist and editor. Her interest in ancient history, mystery, and legends, and her enjoyment of travel has resulted in The Secret of the Sacred Scarab, the first in her exciting children’s adventure series—Chronicles of the Stone. Contact Fiona Ingram by email if you would like to review any books in the series.
A thrilling adventure
for two young boys, whose holiday in Scotland turns into a dangerously exciting
quest to uncover an ancient and mysterious secret, leading them to ancient Britain,
King Arthur and the Dark Ages.
However, their long-standing enemy, Dr. Khalid, is following them as they travel to Scotland to investigate an old castle. Little do they know there is another deadly force, the Eaters of Poison, who have their own mission to complete. Time is running out as the confluence of the planets draws closer. Can Justin and Adam find the second Stone of Power and survive? And why did Aunt Isabel send a girl with them?
COMING NEXT! The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper
Visit The Chronicles of the Stone website to read the first chapter!