Sean Connery, for instance, was smooth and deadpan; George Lazenby: clunky and… forgettable; Roger Moore had fun with the role; Timothy Dalton preferred a serious approach; cigar-smoking Pierce Brosnan played it rugged and old-fashioned; whereas Daniel Craig, moonlighting from his full-time job of protruding out of Mount Rushmore, portrays a more tortured, layered Bond.”
Bond the Hero: For me, James Bond is the hero we love. He’s flawed, he’s brave, he is what we all want—what more can I say… he’s a hero!
Here are my ten reasons why James Bond is the perfect hero. And heroes, to be heroes, are not perfect!
2. He saves the world, no matter what the baddies throw at him.
3. He is flawed. He makes mistakes, he lets his heart rule his head, and he always goes back to save the girl.
4. He suffers loss, pain, and anguish. Sometimes a friend dies, sometimes the woman he loves dies, and it cuts him to the core of his being.
6. He has a great sense of humour. Dry wit and a martini shaken not stirred are his trademarks. He laughs in the face of death and usually flings a (cheesy) quip at his nemesis.
9. He has feelings although he may hide them under that impenetrable mask.
10. If he could, he’d date Miss Moneypenny!
So, out of all the Bond actors, who portray Bond the best?